Q: Low oil comes on..trys to stall while accelerating...jerks,etc. Will not start.

asked by on July 25, 2016

While accelerating car jerks as if not getting any gas. Low oil pressure comes on. Finally stalls out. This is after replacing engine sensor control. Is it fuel filter, actuator solenoid, accelerator sensor, oil pressure sender/switch ( same as engine sensor? ) Now car will not start. Fuel pump replaced last year. Please help!!!

Fuel Filter Replacement $82.95 - $292.56 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hey there:

The problem you’re having with your GMC Envoy stalling could be caused by all or one of the components you’ve mentioned in your question. A dirty fuel filter will restrict the flow of gasoline to the injectors, as could the throttle control sensor. The engine sensor is not the same as the oil pressure sender, low oil pressure could also be the cause of your engine shutting down, as many ECM’s have a fail safe that shuts down the engine if pressure or oil level is too low.

Because there are so many things that could be causing the problem, it’s best for you to contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, so they can diagnose the error codes with the ECM and replace the parts that are causing your stalling problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr