Q: Car shaking and check engine light blinking

Hi my names Mark. I just bought this car without having a mechanic fully diagnose the car so I pretty much rolled the dice on this purchase. She told me to change the egr valve so the check engine light can turn off. But after replacing it, it's still on and now it's blinking. So at this point it's shaking and the engine light keeps blinking. Now here comes the million dollar question, what can I do to get this thing fixed without burning a hole in my wallet?

Hi Mark, There are a few things that can cause the shaking and engine light to come on. Generally, this happens when there is a misfire due to a spark problem or an over or under fueling problem. Things like spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coils, clogged fuel injectors, a dirty mass air flow sensor are a few things that can cause this to happen. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your Jaguar to determine what may be causing the check engine light to remain on and the shaking problem.

3. Car shaking and check engine light blinking