Q: Car stalled at 70 mph, SOS warning on

asked by on September 07, 2016

My car has gone close to 60,000 miles. Yesterday, I was driving on the highway and when I developed the speed to 70 mph, the car just stalled. The panel was showing the SOS warning light on at that point. I had to get the car towed as I wasn't able to restart it. Before I spend a lot of money on this, I need a piece of advice on what the cause might be. Do you have any ideas?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The purpose of the SOS button is to enable you to call BMW when there is a problem with the car or in the event of an emergency. It sounds like there is a problem with the transmission and this has caused the engine to shutdown to prevent any other damage to the transmission/engine. The transmission will need to be inspected for damage and/or a malfunction. If you want to have the car inspected, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr