Q: Clutch failure on 2½yr old Peugeot 107 having done 1,500 miles

How can a garage prove driver error on my part on a 2½yr old car having done 1,500 miles. I have driven for many years and have kept cars for over 11 years and never had a clutch problem

A: Hello. This clutch would fail prematurely f...

Hello. This clutch would fail prematurely for two reasons, assuming that the vehicle is driven easily. Either the clutch is not fully releasing and is dragging due to the system holding pressure, or the clutch is defective.

Most of the time on this vehicle it is because the clutch itself is defective. It needs to be replaced with a new part. Being that the vehicle is so new I would assume it is under warranty. If it is, then you need to take it back to the dealer for repair. If you want a second opinion on this, consider having it looked at by a certified mechanic who can diagnose and fix your clutch.