Q: my car does not move in any gear

asked by on October 02, 2017

my car doesnt engage into any gears and it rolls when put in park. it started while I was driving and came to a stop. I didnt hear nothing and the car been running fine. whats the problem?

You’ve probably lost a CV joint. The CV joint is a joint that enables the front wheels to be under power even though they are steering. When the joint fails, the transmission looses its connection to the wheels so it freewheels and since putting the car in park locks the transmission and not the wheels. the car will be able to roll in park. If you contact YourMechanic you can have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Camry and if necessary, replace the CV shaft right there on the spot.