Q: Broken timing belt

Car wouldnt start had towed to dealership where we purchased... diagnosed as belt broke teeth work supposed top end shot

Your Jetta’s engine is what is known as an "interference" motor which means that when the timing belt breaks, the valve train typically will sustain major damage. This usually involves bent valves and many other problems and can be very extensive to repair. If the teeth on the timing belt were missing, this is consistent with a timing belt breaking and otherwise producing the same result.