Q: 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier not moving while in gear

The gear shifter is loose and the car won't move. The car starts up, but when I put it in reverse, it does nothing.

An inspection of the linkage used to change gears, whether it be manual or automatic, should be carried out to find out of the linkage has been damaged or broken. There could be a problem with the PRNDL - which is the park reverse neutral drive low switch which has a large part in allowing the gears to be selected. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your vehicle and diagnose your transmission issue.

3. 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier not moving while in gear