Q: My automatic car does not move when i let go the brake

I have an automatic car that today i noticed it did not move when i let go the brake, only when i press the accelerate pedal it will move, which i think is a problem considering my parking brakes are off and it should move as i let go the brake pedal slowly like normal. Can anyone figure this out?

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sometimes a dragging emergency brake or warped front brake rotors can cause the symptoms you’re describing. In worse case scenario, there may be internal damage inside the transmission or the torque converter of your Optima. I would recommend that you contact one of our local mobile mechanics that can come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.