Q: Car dies on exit ramp coming off interstate

While going onto the exit ramp on the interstate, I got halfway down the road when my car just suddenly died. I removed the intake and also the air filter, started the car and it started well. Then I reassembled the breather and put the intake back on. It acted fine when it revved in Park, but then when putting it into gear and giving it gas, it seemed to want to stall, plus there was no power. I barely pressed the pedal and it accelerated okay for a minute. Then I floored it and it tried to stall again. There was no power when going off. I thought it might be the fuel filter, so I replaced that. No affect. After that I replaced the fuel pump, but the problem still persists. It makes a sound like there might be air in the fuel mixture. What do you suggest I do next to fix this problem?

Hello. I will be happy to assist you. I believe the problem you are having could be a result from a faulty mass air flow sensor or a throttle position sensor. Each component heavily inputs on the air fuel ratio of the vehicle. If either component fails they will cause a driving condition such as yours. A test with a digital multimeter will help determine if the components are faulty. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your stalling issue firsthand.