Q: My brake light and battery light turned on

I was driving and my battery and brake light turned on. I kept driving and eventually they turned off somehow. I didn't drive my car the whole weekend until today and the lights came back after driving for a couple of miles. I revved the motor and the lights were gone again so I don't know if it is a fuse or my alternator is going bad or what? The lights just keep turning on and off at the sane time. I'm just scared my car is gonna leave me stranded in the middle of the freeway

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in to YourMech...

Hi there, thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com about your 2008 Nissan Altima. When the brake light and battery light both illuminate, it’s sometimes caused by an electrical relay or damage to a sensor which triggers an error code that triggers these lights. The best way to find the source of the issue, is to contact one of our mechanics and ask them if they can complete a battery light is on inspection. Hope this helps and best of luck.