Q: What does the anti-theft indicator in the dash do?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the anti-theft indicator in the dash do?

Your car is equipped with anti-theft system (an immobilizer system, called SecuriLock®). When the system is active, the anti-theft light on the dash should flash slowly. This tells you that the system is on and engaged. It should only flash if the ignition is off and the doors are locked. If the ignition is on, the light should illuminate for a couple of seconds and then go out after the engine is cranked.

Tip

If the indicator flashes rapidly, it means there’s a problem with your anti-theft system and it needs to be inspected.