Antifreeze coming out neon overheating 2001 l4-2.0l leaks...

Q: Antifreeze coming out

asked by on February 05, 2016

I have antifreeze shooting out from the front of my car, and it is overheating.

Hi there. It is possible you may need to replace your thermostat. The thermostat opens when the car gets warm to allow more coolant to flow through the cooling system. When it fails, it can become stuck closed and will not let sufficient coolant flow through the system. I would recommend having a technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the thermostat and inspect the overheating problem.