Q: Steering problem due to ball joints not properly broken in

While driving around 72 mph, I started having steering problems. The steering wheel became severely difficult to turn. Four times I have taken it to the dealership where they told me that the failure was because of the ball joint not having been properly broken in when in use. Many things were tried, but none of them solved my steering problem. What do you suggest would be the solution to fix this?

A: Hello there, most modern vehicles use a var...

Hello there, most modern vehicles use a variable rate steering assist system. This varies the amount of effort that it takes to turn the wheel based on the speed and demand. In most cases, if the steering shaft had issues, it would then would come and stay until the shaft is repaired. Without knowing what was done to resolve the situation, I can only give my best guess. Common issues that could cause this would be a power steering pump, power steering rack, binding u-joint, or low power steering fluid. If you want to have this checked out by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your steering issue and recommend the appropriate repair(s).