Q: 05 ram 4x4 Vibration in the floor during acceleration, and a vibration in​ steering at cruising speed that goes away when letting off the gas.

asked by on March 18, 2017

During moderate to heavy acceleration a harsh vibration can be felt in the gas pedal and in the seat.after coming to a cruising speed(50-55mph) a vibration is felt in the steering wheel but goes away when letting off the gas. 2 mechanic shops have looked at it and cannot find the cause.

Hi there. This sounds like the tires on the front are out of balance and the ball joints are worn and need replaced. A out of balance wheel will cause the vehicle to vibrate and may change location to the steering wheel when at a given speed. If the tires are new and the suspension is in good condition, then either the front driveshaft double cardan joint is failing or the transfer case has a slipping chain. If you need further assistance with your vehicle making a vibration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.