Q: 05 ram 4x4 Vibration in the floor during acceleration, and a vibration in​ steering at cruising speed that goes away when letting off the gas.

asked by on March 18, 2017

During moderate to heavy acceleration a harsh vibration can be felt in the gas pedal and in the seat.after coming to a cruising speed(50-55mph) a vibration is felt in the steering wheel but goes away when letting off the gas. 2 mechanic shops have looked at it and cannot find the cause.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This sounds like the tires on the front are out of balance and the ball joints are worn and need replaced. A out of balance wheel will cause the vehicle to vibrate and may change location to the steering wheel when at a given speed. If the tires are new and the suspension is in good condition, then either the front driveshaft double cardan joint is failing or the transfer case has a slipping chain. If you need further assistance with your vehicle making a vibration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.