Q: Car displaying Gearbox Fault message

The car message center displays Gearbox Fault. The car is accelerating poorly as well.

A: When a gearbox fault is present this means ...

When a gearbox fault is present this means that an issue has occurred in the transmission. There are multiple shift solenoids in the transmission. If any one of these malfunction in anyway the light could be set. Mechanical issues can also set this light, such as broken syncros or possibly chewed up gears. Any issues with the meshing can change the gear ratios and cause a fault light. The best plan of action would be to take your vehicle to a transmission shop that specializes in these issues to properly inspect and diagnose your issue.