Q: Check engine light on again

asked by on December 12, 2016

My check engine light is back on again in my 2001 Toyota; Corolla I took it to the dealer in December 2015 for the same problem however the light came back on again in September of 2016.,They replaced the intake manifold gasket and injector seals,cleaned the throttle body and performed injector cleaning ..I need to know did this work have anything to do with the check engine light being on?

Your check engine light may come on for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or wires and many other reasons. Unfortunately due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.