Q: Does kia Rio have an inertia switch?

Car was accident damaged bow refuses to start. Cranks but doesn't start

Hello. It does not appear that your model of Rio is equipped with an inertia or fuel pump cut off switch of any sort. There is a fuel pump check valve that is designed to stop the flow of fuel in the event that the fuel tank flips over, it is located in the fuel pump assembly, installed in the gas tank. If the vehicle was in an accident it may be possible that this valve is what is causing the issue. I would also check for power to the fuel pump, as well as verify that associated fuses and relays are good. Also keep in mind that a crank but no start condition can also be caused by ignition or engine management system faults, such as bad sensors or ignition coils. As the possibilities could be many, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine what may be causing your no start condition.

3. Does kia Rio have an inertia switch?