Q: There is a squeaky noise coming from the right side of the vehicle.

asked by on August 30, 2016

There is a squeaky noise coming from the right side of the vehicle, I took it to a mechanic and they said the e brake was loose, they tighten it, and it works foe a few hours, but the noise came back.

Hello. If adjusting the e-brake helped then the issue is usually in the e-brake shoes. It is common for the hold down hardware for the brakes to wear out allowing the brakes to shift. When this occurs they will rub on the rotors and this noise will occur. I usually replace the hardware and lubricate all of the components to keep the noise from occurring. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your brake system for an accurate repair.