Q: Would you consider an aftermarket CV axle or only a genuine Honda one?

Shimmy and vibration from 40 to 80 mph Checked rebalanced tires All boots dry. No leaking grease No clicking from outer cv joint Condition there when accelerating and still there when traveling at highway speed, even when I take my foot off the gas. Did notice a lot rusting on axle where Dynamic Damper attaches to axle. There's a big price difference between Honda and aftermarket part.

A: Hi. The after market axle is not that much ...

Hi. The after market axle is not that much difference in quality then the dealership axle. The after market axle will also come with at least a 3 year warranty or even a lifetime warranty. The dealership axle will not have a warranty at all. The reason the price is so much higher at the dealership is the dealership has to buy the axle from Honda and after that the dealership marks it up as high as they want making the axle $725. The after market axle will do the job just as well as the dealership axle. Before you replace the axle I suggest you have the rest of your front end suspension checked for loose or worn parts that could cause this problem. We have certified technicians at YourMechanic that can come and inspect your front end and install your axle.