Q: Warning code P2422

I am getting code P2422, the evaporative emission system vent valve stuck closed.

Hello. The vent valve is a common failure on this vehicle. Most of the time, when it is stuck closed it will also cause the vehicle to be hard to fuel with gas. I typically test the valve first and then look over the electric system just in case there is a circuit issue. However, it is typically always the valve. If you need this tested, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what is going on and have it repaired for you.