Q: The car won't start, battery and starter replaced

I've recently purchased the car and it won't start. I had the battery and starter replaced with new ones. I had it all tested and it works fine. I had all the relays and fuses checked and replaced those that were bad. The neutral safety switch has been tested as well. I don't know what else to check, the car won't even turn over. Do you have any idea?

Thanks for writing in about your 1997 Lexus SC300. Power at the starter needs to be checked along with all of the connections. When checking connections to the starter, the battery will need to be disconnected to prevent a dangerous accidental short circuit which could cause serious injury. If there is power to the starter and there is still no engine turnover, you have to consider the possibility of a faulty starter. Once removed, it can be bench tested to determine whether it exhibits correct operation. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and training necessary to diagnose the starting issue and make needed repairs.