Q: Engine turned off while I was driving and wont start back up.

So I driving a few days ago and I noticed that the RPM's were really high. The check engine, battery and brake light came on and i had to put it back into gear for it to keep going. This only happened when i was on a hill, then when i was going fast on the freeway. Then yesterday morning, I was driving and i heard a loud repeated cluncing noise and then my car jumped out of gear. Im pretty sure it died, but I pulled over and it wouldn't start back up. My dad said it might be the ignition coil, but I'm reading things that are pointing to the fuel pump. All of the belts are intact. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

The noise you heard right before the transmission shifter went into neutral was the transmission probably popping a gear. A transmission that is noisy in gear and goes into neutral could have a solution such as adding some fluid or changing it. the transmission may require to replace worn out parts, most commonly the bearings, worn gear teeth or the reverse idler gear. If you need further assistance with your vehicle going into neutral and stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.