Q: Can a jumped timing chain cause an oil or coolant leak?

are there any other damages a timing chain could cause like jump timing and could it cause oil leak and coolant leak ? and shouldnt my car shut off when too low on oil or coolant if it jumped timing i know the gas pedal wouldnt do anything when i pressed it

A: The damage that can be caused by a timing c...

The damage that can be caused by a timing chain jumping on your particular car should be fairly minimal as it is a non-interference motor. It may be possible for it to cause an oil leak potentially if the chain caused the timing cover to come loose as it jumped, but this is unlikely.

The timing chain does not have anything to do with the cooling system and would not have caused a coolant leak. Your car has a warning indicator that lights up in the dash when it is low on coolant or oil telling the driver to shut the engine off, but it will NOT shut off on it's own.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the fluid leak firsthand and service your timing chain issue as necessary.