Q: When should I change my transmission fluid after 100000 miles?

I change my oil and filter every four months regularly. How often do I need to change my transmission fluid when I have driven over 100,000 miles? I have not experienced any abnormalities as of yet, but I would like to take preventive maintenance with my car before any thing happens when I am driving late at night. Are there any check list of things that I need to follow up on ?

Generally, Ford recommends that the transmission fluid be changed every 30,000 miles, however this is a bit conservative and many transmissions can go much longer in between fluid changes. This is a very heavily debated topic and depends largely on the driving conditions the vehicle is subjected to. The main purpose of the transmission fluid is to lubricate, cool and create hydraulic pressure for the various components inside the transmission to operate properly. When the fluid gets too hot or otherwise dirty to a point where it is not able to do it’s job effectively, this can cause big problems for a transmission that can be costly to repair. As a safety precaution, you may want to have your fluid changed given the high mileage on your vehicle without having previously changing the fluid. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a transmission fluid service on your vehicle.

3. When should I change my transmission fluid after 100000 miles?