Q: HELP! wont start all of the sudden

asked by on December 24, 2016

I started and drove the mariner without an issue last night. Then I tried to start it this morning and it won't even try to start. It turns over without a problem so I know it's not the battery but it sounds as if there is no gas getting to the cylinders. Or potentially no spark plug ignition.

In order to find out the reason for the crank no start you should first look at theft light on dash and when turn the key to on but not crank and see if theft light comes on and then goes out. If it does not go out then you should first try a second key to see if it turns off light. If second key does not work then try to move steering tilt up and down to try it again. The sensor in the ignition key or in steering column is bad and not enabling the vehicle to start. You will need to have PATS system repaired.