Q: Odometer reading is about 550,000 miles off.

asked by on November 02, 2016

I put a new battery on my car and the mileage went crazy. People tell me it can't be fixed. Can you help!

Hey there. This is a problem with the Body Control Module (which keeps a copy of actual mileage) not re-updating the instrument cluster appropriately after a power outage. Contact your Saturn dealer service center for "Subject: 2000 - 2002 Saturn L-Series Vehicles (All Models) #02-C-02 - (08/16/2004)". This is a known problem by Saturn. A Saturn dealer/service center will update the Body Control Module software to correct this.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr