Q: Rough start and clicking noise

Since rmy engine got rebuild I've been updating parts such as clutch, alternator, starter, serpentine belt, battery...but a month ago after replacing my clutch I've been having a problem starting the jeep. I have to turn the key right away to start and still it won't Or if it starts i have to press the throttle just so I can have it run and I have to give it gas for 3 minutes roughly. What can I do to have this fix?! Thank you

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve causing your engine idle to fluctuate and eventually stall. The idle air control valve is a small valve on the engine’s intake system that reads the air intake as it comes into the motor. This is controlled by the car’s ECM which uses this information to make adjustments to the air/fuel ratio depending on various inputs such as outside air temperature, intake air temperature, load and various other things. As you accelerate, your car’s engine is receiving a much higher dose of fuel than when at idle and conversely, when you let off the gas pedal, there is a sudden change in this fuel supply as a result of your foot letting off the pedal. When this happens, the job of the idle air control valve is to bring this deceleration down to a slow and smooth idle rather than suddenly cutting off the fuel supply causing the motor to die. When the idle air control valve is not working properly, this cause a disruption in this process resulting in the engine not being able to idle properly. I would recommend having a professional come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.