Q: The car won't start, it is completely unresponsive, the lights work fine

asked by on May 24, 2016

My car has been in an accident. Nevertheless, all the mechanical parts are okay and there are no major damages. The only thing is that the air bag module should be replaced. The car has difficulty starting. I would push the start button and there is no turning over. The lights would come on. The second time is the same. There is no startup but the lights go off. I had the wiring checked and it seems fine. I tried starting up in neutral but it is still unresponsive. What should I do?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Have the system checked to see if something is loose or came loose on the accident and is only now showing up as a problem. The air bag module may be shorted causing a problem in the data buss of the vehicle. I recommend having a mechanic inspect your starting system in person to see what components are faulty and what repairs will resolve your issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr