Q: For what reason is my car grinding and forcing itself to turn off at low RPM's?

My car started to make a grinding noise, then would only turn on just to shut off (being at 4-600 RPM's), and then it would crank, then click click click. Nothing after that.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The battery could be low on a charge. Check the voltage of the battery and if it’s lower than 12.4 volts it will need to charged or replaced. for the grinding noise that you are hearing, either the noise is the starter trying to engage with the battery at a low charge state or there is an issue with your transmission. For the noise inspection, I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you determine the cause.