Q: My Acura TL 1999 has a idling problem. It idles high to low. And it takes a while for the gears to switch when I'm reversing and in drive.

My Acura TL 1999 has a idling problem. It idles high to low. And it takes a while for the gears to switch when I'm reversing and driving. The has poor acceleration. I can almost floor it a at green light, but it just climbs slowly

For the idle condition, check the (IAC) Idle Air Control Valve and see if its plugged up.

You can take it off and clean it and then put it back on. If the idle continues to be irreratic, then the IAC valve may need to be replaced. For the vehicle having a loss of power, check the Mass Air Flow Sensor and see if it is dirty.

I recommend taking the MAF off and cleaning it with an electrical cleaner and then putting it back on. If needed, the MAF may need to be replaced as it is telling the computer that the other sensors are not working. If you need further assistance with your engine having a loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My Acura TL 1999 has a idling problem. It idles high to low. And it takes a while for the gears to switch when I'm reversing and in drive.