Q: Transmission or clutch slipping

hi.i have a problem when taking off from a stand still. i get a slipping sound when taking off which makes it harder to take off.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. If you are hearing a slipping sound, then the clutch pressure plate is allowing the clutch disk to slip. There is probably a broken spring on the pressure plate that apply’s pressure to the disk. Check the condition of the slave cylinder and the clutch pedal to see if the clutch is engaging and disengaging fully. If the clutch is working correctly, then I recommend replacing the clutch assembly. When the clutch is out, I also recommend replacing the rear main seal to the engine if there are any signs of leakage. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help pinpoint the cause of the slipping issue.

3. Transmission or clutch slipping