When it’s raining or when I’m driving on a wet road, all the lights on my dashboard light up, including the engine, oil, handbrake, etc. The car was damaged by rats, but I had the harness replaced. After the harness replacement, I have driven approximately 24,800 miles. Now, the dealership wants to replace all of the wiring; however, I think that it is only one area of the wiring that has gotten wet. Do you agree with them that all of the wiring should be replaced, or can I consider only part of the wiring for repair?
Hello. This is a water intrusion problem. It sounds like when they installed the harness that something did not get sealed correctly. Most of the time, it is the wiring where it goes into the control module. They need to recheck this for you and repair it since they seemingly did not do it right the first time. If you would like a second opinion on this or do not feel comfortable taking this back to the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the electrical system and let you know what needs to be done.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Save up to 30%