Q: How much is it to replace the engine in a 2013 Chrysler 200 2.4 L

My car was driven hot for so long that the cam sensor was actually melted. I'm wanting to know which would be more cost effective and efficient: replace the head or replace the entire engine? A friend was driving the car and I'm 1000 miles away and feel as though the mechanic to which it was towed is trying to rip me off. They didn't even do a compression check first.

Hello - hot enough to melt a sensor is possibly an exaggeration, but it does sound like the engine needs a careful "going over". I recommend a thorough engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can go to the cars location, diagnose whatever problems have resulted from the overheat, and give you an independent, accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How much is it to replace the engine in a 2013 Chrysler 200 2.4 L