Q: My car jerks when decelerating from what seems to be 4th gear to 3rd.

I just bought this car and when I slow down from 35 mph to about 30, the car will jerk into gear. It is an automatic transmission. I took it to a shop and they said the transmission fluid levels were fine. Is my transmission messed up? What kind of damage can I expect here?

You need to have the codes scanned by a professional with a scan tool for the transmission computer. The codes may give you an indication if the sensor is not performing correctly. If it is not a sensor malfunctioning (like a speed sensor), then you likely have an internal issue in the valve body of the transmission. For that, you will need to see a transmission specialist.

• My car jerks when decelerating from what seems to be 4th gear to 3rd.