Q: My push start car won't work and the remote battery is charged

asked by on February 06, 2017

We have our foot on the brake and the car remote was charged. We would step out of the car and try to lock/unlock from the outside but it still wouldn't work. On the dash it would say key not detected, insert.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Without knowing the make and model of the vehicle it is difficult to determine the exact components that are involved with your keyless ignition. Typically this will occur if there is a weak signal from the remote to the sensor. If the battery is charged, you may have a weak car battery. It is also possible for a poor battery connection (due to being loose or dirty) to cause similar symptoms. Look to your owner’s manual, as there should be a safety measure you can take from being stranded. Typically they come in the form of a slot, or area to put the key in times where the signal may be weak. Cell phones can cause the signal from the key fob to be interrupted, so make sure your cell phone is not near the key when you are trying to start it. For further diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.