Q: Advice on RPM increase

What is the safe RPM for 8000 max RPM?

A: <a href='https://www.yourmechanic.com/artic...

RPM just depends on your engine. I've had motorcycle engines that you can rev up to 16,000 RPMs and it didn't hurt anything. It depends on how they are designed and what they are set up for.

Now, if you have a V8 engine, they generally rev lower that a 4-cylinder engine does. With your particular vehicle, you'd want to check what maximum RPMs are and always keep it below the suggested maximum RPM. Otherwise, you are damaging the engine. If you feel like your engine is idling higher than it normally should, then you may want to have a professional come and inspect your engine idle to determine if there is any work that should be done.