Q: Belt squeaking.

The engine squeaks when I push the gas pedal. Seems like it might be a belt issue.

A: A stretched belt or a faulty belt tensioner...

A stretched belt or a faulty belt tensioner are the most likely causes. I would recommend having the tensioner checked first by a YourMechanic technician. If the tensioner seems to be working properly, the belt is the next likely cause. If the tensioner is not working properly, have it replaced along with the belt to ensure proper function of both parts. Since these parts work very closely together to run air conditioning, power steering, alternators, and water pumps; it is a good idea to replace them both at once.