Q: Loud clunking on front passenger wheel. removed wheel and found metal chunks between brake rotor and plate. what is this?

asked by on September 29, 2017

Loud clunking coming from passenger side wheel. I remove the wheel and found chunks of metal between brake rotor and metal plate it's affecting my steering what is this caused by

Brake Pads Replacement $134.60 - $456.66 Get a Quote
Brake Rotor/Disc Replacement $240.64 - $1093.41 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may possibly have a brake pad that may have come apart resulting in the metal chunks being dispersed in between the [brake rotor(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-rotor-disc-replacement) and the backing plate. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose an inspect the vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr