Q: What does it mean if the warning message “tire pressure monitor fault” is displayed?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the warning message “tire pressure monitor fault” is displayed?

Your car comes standard with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). This system is responsible for monitoring the pressure in all four tires (but not the spare). If it detects low pressure, the Low Tire Pressure Light on the dash will light up, and you’ll see a low pressure warning in the message center. However, if you see a warning that reads “Tire pressure monitor fault,” it means that the computer has noted a problem with the TPMS system itself. You’ll need to have the car inspected as soon as possible to determine the problem.