Q: Car got hot and lost all spark,it turns over but thats it.

asked by on September 16, 2016

My car sat for two months, needed a clutch. The day I got that fixed. It over heated. And now won't start. Before all this. For a few weeks. It would run funny for about five minutes. Smell of exhaust. The it's full power would kick in and the check engine light came on. Now it turns over but no spark. ??

There may be a couple of possibilities at play here. The overheating issue may be related to a faulty thermostat, coolant temp sensor relay or potentially a blown head gasket. This can cause the car to run rough or not at all in the case of a blown head gasket. The no spark issue may be related to faulty coil packs or a bad ECU. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the overheating issue/no start and make necessary repairs.