Q: Q: Coolant leak.

(Cold morning) While driving my (03 xterra)heard a pop then had coolant steaming from under hood. Pulled over raised hood saw steam coming from under upper phliniam manifold (3.3L engine) saw large amount of coolant trailing from the street to where I stopped. Checked radiator saw no fuid Put half gallon 50/50 coolant in radiator (all I had available) made it home (2.9 Miles) car never ran hot but steam continued to come from under manifold... What could this be?

There are a coupe up hoses that run behind the intake manifolds that are very common leak points. These hoses allow the coolant to flow inside the vehicle so the passengers can have heat. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the coolant leak for a detailed estimate on the repairs.

3. Q: Coolant leak.