Q: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Cranks but won't start

asked by on August 22, 2016

My truck died as I was driving down the road never missed or anything. Now it just cranks and tries to start may run 1-2 seconds every once in awhile.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. Your symptoms sound very similar to a vehicle with a faulty engine position sensor. Typically the crankshaft position sensor will fail before the camshaft position sensor will. If the Check Engine Light has been illuminated, the fault code may shed some light on the issue. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, go over the relevant systems thoroughly to diagnose the starting issue and let you know what needs repair.