Q: Car stalls when a.c. fan is turned on

When the fan is turned on, even with out the a.c. on the car stalls. Any help on what could be wrong will be greatly appreciated!

If the fan is drawing too many amps and the alternator is not charging enough, this can cause a large sudden drain on the electrical system and cause the stall. Have the fan motor and charging system checked to make sure the fan is not drawing more than 30 amps, and the alternator is putting out more than 30 amps. Also make sure the battery cables are removed and cleaned. Corroded battery terminals can cause the conditions also. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the stalling issue and perform any required repairs.

3. Car stalls when a.c. fan is turned on