Q: 1997 ford f150 5.4L V8 4x4, rough idle, truck shakes, sometimes shuts off

I have a 1997 ford f150 5.4L V8 4x4 and my check engine light is on and my idleing is rough and my truck shakes and sometimes it shuts off it seems like i have to give it more gas to take off. I have a code reader i ran it and the codes came back P0171 and P0174 i dont really have the money to take it to a mechanic so i would like to do it myself

Hello - the P0171 and P0174 are lean condition indicators for both sides (cylinder heads) of the engine. This problem could be caused by several problems: dirty or malfunctioning idle air control valve, dirty fuel injectors, air leak in the intake system. As a result, diagnosis is more complex, but do-able by an experienced DIYr. If you decide to seek some assistance I would recommend that you request a rough idle and stalling diagnosis. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs

3. 1997 ford f150 5.4L V8 4x4, rough idle, truck shakes, sometimes shuts off