Q: Loss of electrical power while driving but engine still works.

I just replaced the alternator yesterday and everything was working fine. When i got to work today all the electrical components in the cab went out but the vehicle was still running at full power and the power steering and headlights were still working. The electrical went out and came back on in a few seconds. When I was on my way home from work it did it again but this time the electrical didnt come back on. When I got home I shut the truck off and the dome lights inside still worked and the alarm will turn on and off but the truck will not start

Check the battery on the vehicle and see if it is holding a charge. If the battery have a charge, then check the battery for a load. If the battery cannot hold a load, then the battery needs replaced. Check for any loose ground wiring from the cab to the chassis frame and see if they are corroded, damaged, or loose. A bad battery or a loose wire can cause electrical issues within the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting due to an electrical issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Loss of electrical power while driving but engine still works.