Q: Can it need a 4 wheel alignment. I was told it doesn't have adjustments like typical cars.

asked by on July 07, 2016

I had new Goodyear Eagle LS2 225/50/18 tires put on my daughters 2007 Saturn Aura today. She's over seas working for collage (Study Abroad Program this summer) I shopped these tires for the best deal. Now I'm worried I paid for a 4 wheel alignment they said it needed. (Just a little out they said) not wanting her new tires chewed up I said ( over the phone ) "OK". That was my mistake. Cuz once I went to look for my quote and compare, it wasn't in my back seat anymore. Someone from the garage took it. The other thing I started thinking was, the car didn't feel out of alignment the couple of times I drove it before the new tires today. Actually drove really nice. Then there was more environmental fees for an alignment because the tires had there own line for environmental fees. What does environmental fees have to do with an alignment. Shop supplies, maybe. When I ask for the cost, I want the entire cost, not unexpected additional charges. My question is, what do you think.

Your vehicle can have a 4-wheel alignment done to adjust the front and rear of your vehicle to specifications. If you had an alignment done, then the repair facility should of been able to supply the print of the before-and-after adjustment of the vehicle. In most cases, unless the machine they used was old and did not have this capability. To answer your question on the additional charges for environmental charges, this is a charge some shops use to pay for disposal of oils, cleaning of rags or fender covers, and dirty waters from cleaning the floors. I think the charge is okay and a necessary charge if it is not excessive - meaning no more than about 5% of bill.