Q: Car wont run in D at first, need to start in second or first gear.

When I start my car, I can only run it in first or second gear until it hits about 30 mph and is somewhat warm, after it hits around 30mph and is somewhat warm, I can change the shift to Drive and the car will run as usual, what could be the problem?

This may be related to a few different issues such as a faulty shift solenoid or failing torque converter in your transmission. When either of these happen and too much torque is applied (i.e. starting in 1st gear), this can cause the car to fail to move. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose this and make possible repairs, including replacing the shift solenoid.

3. Car wont run in D at first, need to start in second or first gear.