Q: I have to push the accelerator when I crank up my truck up to keep it from turning off

I have to accelerate my gas in order to keep my truck and turn it off when it cranks up it sounds real rough and I wanted to know do I need a ignition ignition coil or cap and rotor

A: Depending on the engine maintenance that ha...

Depending on the engine maintenance that has been done on a regular basis you may need to have a diagnostic check done to check the condition of the ignition system, fuel system, and the computer sensors for an issue like this.

The throttle body and injectors may be dirty and need cleaned. You may have vacuum leaks causing the rough idle and stalling.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling issue at the convenience of your home.