Q: how do I change an external harmonic balancer?

seems that pulley and balancer are all one piece with single bolt in center attached to crank shaft.

You will have to remove the center bolt. Once the bolt is removed, then using a harmonic pulley puller and locking the puller to the three bolt holes and running the center bolt in until the pulley and harmonic pulley come off. To install it requires the use of an installer to push it back on and a torque wrench to tighten center bolt to torque specs. Make sure to use a little silicone on the key-way. If you would like help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the harmonic balancer for you.

3. how do I change an external harmonic balancer?