Q: What is minimum oil pressure at idle?

what is minimum oil pressure at idle? I got mechanical gauge installed and not sure what is the min-max oil pressure?

A: The minimum oil pressure at idle is only 5 ...

The minimum oil pressure at idle is only 5 psi (34.5 kpa). The minimum oil pressure at 2000 engine rpms is 35 psi (241 kpa). Both of these pressures are using a mechanical oil pressure gauge that can measure the low 5 psi readings. Your oil pressure gauge should not be more than a 100 psi gauge or the readings may not be accurate. The oil pressure should be checked using a pressure T-fitting in the oil pressure sensor port on the engine. If you need help with the testing or diagnosis of engine noise then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and perform the diagnosis for you.